Friday, March 8, 2013

Mostly Square Things

Hello there! Welcome to my other little corner of the internet. This blog is gonna be about all my other things not related to cooking. I decided I needed somewhere to put things about my life, and crochet. We are a Navy family so I have a lot of "Hurry up and wait" time on my hands.  I originally learned to crochet from a friend's grandmother when I was 11. Saturdays in between dance classes she sat with me in the family waiting area and taught me to crochet mostly square things with a double crochet in the back loops only. When we lived in Maryland I had a decent amount of free time. When we received orders to be stationed in North Carolina, and while my hubby was in training for two months I realized I hadn't crocheted anything in a few years let alone during all my free time back in Maryland. For years I only made baby blankets and scarves, and they were plain just with one or two skeins of yarn. So once I stumbled upon a few awesome Youtube tutorials I decided I should learn some new stitches and patterns to add to my skills. Ravelry.com is my current obsession, and in a few months I have become a crocheting machine. We got our tax return back in the beginning of February, and decided to split a portion of it. Hubby bought video games and what did I spend it on? Yarn of course :) (That would be lovely title picture at the top of this page).

No comments:

Post a Comment