Friday, March 8, 2013

Nautical Blankie Set

 

(Top: Blue and Cream blanket with Anchor applique Bottom:  Spit Up Cloth and Beanie)
So this blanket was made while I was waiting in an empty apartment for the movers to bring my stuff. The idea came from the fact that i always have made things for other people, but I don't have a single thing I have made and kept for myself. We had no TV or internet so I decided to design a blanket and keep my hands busy to distract myself from hubby being in training. The spit up cloth and hat were extras made from the leftover yarn I had after the blanket was finished. Originally I had no idea what I was going to put on the blanket, but after scouring the internet for an anchor applique and coming up empty handed I decided to make my own. I might write a pattern if anyone would like it, but I didn't count stitches or measure the yarn so I would have to estimate.



No comments:

Post a Comment