Sunday, March 17, 2013

Something Green

 In honor of St. Patrick's Day I decided to post my only green project ever from two days ago...presenting my something green tissue cover. So a few days ago I got it in my head that I wanted to try my hand at what is called Tunisian Crochet. It uses a crochet hook but looks a bit like knitting. It seems really complicated at first, but once you get how it works it's lovely! I enjoy it because all the loops stay on the hook and you work without turning (for me that means less turning chains and more yarn to work with) :) The picture above was attempt # 4 out of 6. My edges got a little screwy because I was still unsure of what loops to work and which to leave. After ripping out the project a lot and redoing it a bunch of times I ended up with a presentable square! What to make with my prize? I wondered. Then it came to me! My Nana had seen a crochet travel tissue cover on Pinterest so ta-da...my version! I made it a bright spring color, and gave it a picot edge, but not too much cause Nana doesn't like overly frilly things.


No comments:

Post a Comment